- Babee H telling me the other day that I am her "bess fend" (translation: best friend) I know there will be times where she won't feel that way, and that's fine, but I'll take it while I can get it...
- The fact that the smoke I smelled in my house at 1am on Friday morning wasn't my own house on fire this time... it was someone burning trash, I think (at 1am??)
- Laying on my comfy old couch, feet propped up on the ottoman, wrapped in a snuggly blanket, watching television in my quiet, I mean silent house... knowing that everyone I love is sleeping all around me... now THAT is bliss!
- Waking up this morning to a clean kitchen, compliments of Daddy H, who got up early to go golfing and decided to leave me a little surprise... I am really starting to see that little things like this are how he tells me in his own way how much he really does love me...
- Hot water, which I will be sitting in for a while, reading my newest addiction... Summer Sisters by Judy Blume (yes, she writes adult books, too!) Thanks to AloeVera for lending the book to me months and months ago...
- Bigg H, who volunteered to fix breakfast this morning all by himself... Frosted Flakes! Gotta love having a six year old!
- Myddle H, who came into the bedroom this morning while I was still sleeping. When I told her that I'd get up in a minute, she said, "That's okay, mama. I just came in to give you a kiss and tell you how much I love you. I love you 143 thousand 223." WOW.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
The Saturday Seven
Each Saturday, I am going to list seven things for which I am most grateful from the week before... I know that most of the time I will include my kiddos and DH, but I am going to try to make it specific, so I can see more clearly what makes each of them the special, individual people that they are. I know I take them for granted way too much, and that is going to change, starting now:
Posted by Mama H at 10:25 AM