Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Saturday Seven

Each Saturday, I am going to list seven things for which I am most grateful from the week before... I know that most of the time I will include my kiddos and DH, but I am going to try to make it specific, so I can see more clearly what makes each of them the special, individual people that they are. I know I take them for granted way too much, and that is going to change, starting now:

  1. Babee H telling me the other day that I am her "bess fend" (translation: best friend) I know there will be times where she won't feel that way, and that's fine, but I'll take it while I can get it...
  2. The fact that the smoke I smelled in my house at 1am on Friday morning wasn't my own house on fire this time... it was someone burning trash, I think (at 1am??)
  3. Laying on my comfy old couch, feet propped up on the ottoman, wrapped in a snuggly blanket, watching television in my quiet, I mean silent house... knowing that everyone I love is sleeping all around me... now THAT is bliss!
  4. Waking up this morning to a clean kitchen, compliments of Daddy H, who got up early to go golfing and decided to leave me a little surprise... I am really starting to see that little things like this are how he tells me in his own way how much he really does love me...
  5. Hot water, which I will be sitting in for a while, reading my newest addiction... Summer Sisters by Judy Blume (yes, she writes adult books, too!) Thanks to AloeVera for lending the book to me months and months ago...
  6. Bigg H, who volunteered to fix breakfast this morning all by himself... Frosted Flakes! Gotta love having a six year old!
  7. Myddle H, who came into the bedroom this morning while I was still sleeping. When I told her that I'd get up in a minute, she said, "That's okay, mama. I just came in to give you a kiss and tell you how much I love you. I love you 143 thousand 223." WOW.

7 comments:

  1. Coming over from SITS--Happy New Year! Love this blog--I try to focus on what I'm grateful for a lot, but have never blogged about it. This background is adorable too!
    I'm having my first ever bloggy giveaway--a hand-stamped pendant. Come enter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! Thanks for stopping by mine...I really appreciate that!

    Oh, and sorry about burning my trash next to your house last night. My bad.

    ;^) Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout!

    And what a sweet 7 things. I especially love #7!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. A glorious post...I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful list!
    #7 is too cute for words =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! Wonderful idea and a fantastic way to start out the new year.

    Great layout too.

    ReplyDelete

I am very THANKFUL for any and all comments! They truly make my day! So, THANKS!