Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thursday's Thing

Today's thing I am thankful for is:

CLEAN CLOTHES

Yeah... I know.

Not that exciting, right?

Well, it is if you are me. You see, I don't like dressing up. In fact, I don't even own a dress. Or a skirt for that matter. And my closet has only about three pairs of black slacks in it. And a few shirts. Which I rotate through in the course of a week. (My co-workers are probably nodding right now, yep... it's true!)

Others of you are probably sitting here reading this and thinking. OMG. That's just WRONG. And it is, I know it is... on so.many.levels. But the fact is I just don't like dressing up. I am completely uncomfortable unless I am in jeans or sweatpants or maybe cotton pants... and a t-shirt.

But I digress...

The reason I even mentioned how grateful I am today for clean clothes is because the first thing I do when I get home from work each day is go straight to my room and change into my comfy house clothes and my tennis shoes. (I can't stand to be barefoot at all... but that's a whole other post for a whole other day, right???)

Today, I got home knowing I had lesson plans to work on and some other school related things to do. (As opposed to watching Judge Judy, duh) So, like always, I went to my closet and found the most wonderful surprise waiting for me.

My favorite, softest, oldest, most wonderful gray cotton pants. And a t-shirt that is older than all of the kids in my third grade class this year. Clean, fresh, and smelling like fabric softener...

HEAVEN. (at least for today)

So, thanks Daddy H for all the laundry that you do. There have been so many times where the mountain of laundry is higher than Mt. Kilamanjaro, I swear.

Today I am grateful it is no higher than an anthill.

What simple, everyday thing are YOU grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am very THANKFUL for any and all comments! They truly make my day! So, THANKS!